Pages

Friday 17 February 2012

Spitfire Cake

I wanted to post this on here as it is one of my proudest achievements.  It was a Spitfire cake, made to scale (well almost to scale), completely out of cake. 


It was for my hubby's 30th birthday and he is a crazy plane enthusiast - needless to say he was interfering all the time ensuring the details were correct (which was secretly a help, but don't tell him that).  At the time I was 6 months pregnant, so I was knackered all the time anyway and this cake took me a good few (and sometimes very emotional) hours to make.

I was dead chuffed with how it turned out and everyone said how good it looked - hubby even posted it on his Air Fix modelling forum for feed back and it was a hit.  Shame all that was left  at the end of the party was a few measly crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment